HCFI VISION STATEMENT
By the grace of God and undergirded by its supporters the HCFI will become a prayerful evangelical fellowship with trained people implementing Christ’s Great Commission within the healthcare field
HCFI MISSION STATEMENT
HCFI strives to inspire and equip Christians serving in healthcare to manifest Jesus Christ in their daily life and work.
Therefore we seek to prayerfully implement the vision by encouraging member organizations and HCF Staff members in their endeavour to.
* Evangelize, disciple and train healthcare Staff.
* Witness in word and deed to sick and dying people and their relatives.
* Train, equip and disciple HCF Staff members.
* Communicate effectively with Supporters.
* Mobilize and train members of local Churches.
It was during the terminal illness of their father that Francis and Carl Grim recognized that patients have spiritual needs in addition to their physical and psychological needs. If healthcare staff were inspired and properly equipped, they could play a key role in ministering to all the needs of their patients.
On Christmas Eve 1936 their aged father passed into eternity, and they looked upon this period as the birth of Healthcare Christian Fellowship. It was an example of life out of death and subsequent joy for many around the world, born out of the sorrow of a broken-hearted family. Constrained by God, the first steps were taken for the formation of a Fellowship which was later to become a worldwide movement known as International Hospital Christian Fellowship – now known as Healthcare Christian Fellowship International.
Pioneering journeys to Europe, the Middle East and Africa were undertaken by the founder Francis Grim, from 1951 onwards, and then from the ’60’s, Asia, Oceania, Latin America, the Caribbean, the United States and Canada.
In the follow-up of this pioneering phase, international conferences became a regular feature, linking believers worldwide in a fellowship of prayer and care. Later, training centres were established for the ever growing number of nationals whose hearts were captured by the vision.
The Lord has blessed the ministry by spreading it to more than 80 countries around the world. The HCFI headquarters is based in Benoni, South Africa.
HCFI Structure & Operations
HCFI has its headquartres in Benoni South Africa, from where it coordinates the activities of the fellowship in over 100 countries in different continents of the world.
For administrative purposes the member countries are grouped into 16 Regions. Nigeria belongs to Region 11 (English Speaking West African Countries), and is under the oversight of Elder Dr Sam Amaechi as the Regional Coordinator.
HCFI is governed by an International Board with Dr Chris Steyn as the current Chairman, who also serves as the International President.
The strategic ministries of HCFI include Prayer,Medical Outreaches,Integral Disciple Making, Residential Training, Non- Residential Training, Strategic Planning, Saline Process Training, and Students/Youths. These ministries are under the Global Action Team (GLAT) with a Chairman and Promoters (Coordinators) of the ministries as members.
The Regional leaders of each Region constitute the Regional Action Team (REGAT) while National bodies are led by the National Action Team(NAT).
The Doctrinal Basis of the HCFI shall consist of the essential beliefs of Biblical Christianity, including:
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead;
- The person of our Lord Jesus Christ as very God and very Man, born of the virgin Mary, His real and sinless humanity, His atoning death, His bodily resurrection and His ascension into Heaven;
- The Divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Holy Scripture in all matters of faith and conduct;
- The guilt and depravity of human nature in consequence of the Fall;
- The substitutionary death of our Lord Jesus Christ, and His resurrection, as the only way of salvation from sin through repentance and faith;
- The necessity for the new birth by the Holy Spirit and His indwelling in the believer for sanctification and service;
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the judgment to come for the just and for the unjust;
- The resurrection of the body and eternal life;
- Hell as a place of eternal punishment for all who have rejected the Lord Jesus Christ;
- Heaven as a place of everlasting blessedness for all who have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ.
HCF promotes collaboration with various Christian Church denominations to optimize spiritual well-being of patients.